Saturday, February 11th, 1:00 - 4:00PM At Event Horizon in Ashland, WI
The Hero’s Journey is a mythologic guide to ways which we can navigate the hardships we face. You'll explore how this journey myth plays out in your life and create your own unique storytelling pouch as a representation and reminder of the archetypal nature of your powerfully-beautiful living story.
According to Joseph Campbell, the Hero’s Journey is a common story structure found in cultures worldwide. In this journey, a character ventures into unknown territory to retrieve something they need that has both known and unknown beneficial aspects. The journey is not easy though and facing adversity is required. The hero/heroine ultimately overcomes whatever hardship is necessary before returning home from the quest transformed in some way.
We use myths and stories as a means of education and understanding of the world around us. They play an important role in how we relate to our surrounding environment both physically, ethically, and soulfully. Through the course, you will learn and explore ways the Hero’s Journey monomyth has played out and guided us in our lives. Each of us has our own personal journey of this type that is given to us to navigate in order to bring out our gifts to the world. It is something we see recurring in the movies, books, and culturally significant stories that offer us glimpses into ways through the difficult times we all must face.
As a representation of the personally unique details of this story, you will create your own unique leather storytelling pouch as a keeper and reminder of the interconnected mythological story we all take part in. This pouch will be made using natural materials and painted with a personalized design of your choice. This workshop is a motivating experience for you to connect with your own empowered and storied self to discover ways to honor the lived story of where you are and what you can offer the world.
~ 3 hours
~ All materials provided
• Identify your own Hero’s/Heroine’s Journey story/stories
• Discover new and empowering ways to approach your relationships with others
• Find positive relational patterns to tap into for authentic support and empowerment
• Root yourself in inspired purpose to live a more meaningful life
• Discover what core characteristics are influencing your life all the time
• Discover a deep appreciation for your archetypal perspectives
• Transform your perspective about your story and ways you relate to the world around you
Attend In PersonRegister Now